- MP3 Audio17 MB
We have to be able to understand how to put the puzzle pieces together in jazz.
How can you expect to do this without understanding where they go? Well, you can’t!
This is why Diatonic Harmony is so important.
Diatonic Harmony is the road map to explain how chords and progressions fit together. Without learning this you will be completely lost as we continue to progress.
Diatonic Harmony is the relationship of chords to a scale and certain key. Pretty easy once you get into it!
Leave your questions in the comments section and I’ll be happy to help.
1. Chords are built from scales.
2. 7 different diatonic chords per scale.
3. Chords change depending on the scale. Start with your major scale and diatonic chords.
4. Practice your diatonic chords in all keys, LH alone, RH alone, Hands together.
5. 2 beats per chord, move up and down the chords.
Why You Need Diatonic Harmony
If You Enjoyed This Episode...
Please share it!
All you have to do is click on one of the social media buttons at the top of this page.
Also, if you enjoy all the free jazz piano education we release on a weekly basis, you can show your support by giving the podcast a 5-star rating on iTunes.
Once you get to iTunes, simply click on the 5 stars to the left and leave your rating.
We appreciate your support!