- Bullet Points
- 1. Modes are the building blocks of improvisation.
- 2. These is one mode and chord associated with each note of a major scale.
- 3. Use the notes within a particular mode to solo over the corresponding chord.
- 4. Still continue to focus on your chord tones and use your connecting notes from the mode to connect the chord tones.
- 5. Practice swinging your modes up to the 7th starting on each note of the scale, RH alone.
- 6. Add your LH chord in while swinging your modes.
How To Use Modes
If You Enjoyed This Episode…
Please share it! All you have to do is click on one of the buttons below.
Also if you wouldn’t mind leaving a review in itunes. It only takes a second to help the show increase in the rankings!
Thank you for all your support!