This is a great topic that someone requested on the podcast page the other day. Learning to improvise is one thing. Learning to comp with your LH while your RH improvises is a completely different story.
So in this podcast, I go over 5 key points that will help you practice your LH comping with your RH improvisation. I know you’ll love it! Enjoy!
- 1. Practice LH Chords with rhythms. Long, short, upbeats, downbeats.
- 2. Practice spontaneous LH comping by itself.
- 3. Practice creating repeated rhythmic ideas with LH while RH improvises
- 4. Practice leaving a bar of space with RH for LH to Comp
- 5. Practice having conversation between hands while RH builds ideas.
If you have questions or suggestions for a podcast lesson you would like us to do, please leave them in the comments down below.
If you enjoyed this episode…
Please share it!
All you have to do is click on one of the social media buttons at the top of this page.
Also, if you enjoy all the free jazz piano education we release on a weekly basis you can show your support by giving the podcast a 5 star rating in itunes.
Once you get to itunes simple click on the 5 stars to the left to give a rating.
We appreciate your support!