Voiceleading Triad Inversions
- Voiceleading is using the least amount of movement possible when changing chords.
- Step 1 – Start with the bottom note of your chord – Ask, is it a common note with the next chord change you are going to? If it is, then keep it the same. If not, go to step 2
- Step 2 – Find the closest note from your next chord to the bottom note that you are currently playing. Move your note there.
- Step 3 – Determine if your new bottom note is the root, 3rd, or 5th of your new chord. Once you have determined, play the corresponding inversion.
- Note * In Step 2 – If you have two notes that are equal distance from your bottom note, then move to the middle note in your chord and go back to step 1 and follow the steps.
If You Enjoyed This Episode…
Please share it! All you have to do is click on one of the buttons below.
Also if you wouldn’t mind leaving a review in itunes. It only takes a second to help the show increase in the rankings!
Thank you for all your support!