Beginner Improv Part 2, Connecting Chord Tones
- 1. Practice connecting the chord tones with the three non chord tones from the major scale.
- 2. If you are in the key of C playing over a Cmaj7, your three connecting notes are D, F, and A.
- 3. Practice landing on chord tones on beat 1 of every measure.
- 4. Practice landing on chord tones of beat 1 and 3 of every measure.
- 5. Finally practice landing on chord tones for beats 1,2,3,4 and use the non-chord tones to connect your chord tone beats.
If You Enjoyed This Episode…
Please share it! All you have to do is click on one of the buttons below.
Also if you wouldn’t mind leaving a review in itunes. It only takes a second to help the show increase in the rankings!
Thank you for all your support!
(Note: Do you want to start learning more about jazz piano in a way that’s organized and structured? Are you looking for a starting point? If so, check out our FREE beginner guidebook to get the scoop!)