- MP3 Audio59 MB
In this episode, I expand on our bebop playing by showing you how to apply our approaches to specific improvisation exercises that will help you improve.
After you the improv exercises we will apply our approaches to a tune, in this case, Autumn Leaves.
1. Practice continuous eighth notes with both approaches at the beginning of your improve line, middle and end. Land on chord tones on beat 1 only to start. Practice over 2-5-1’s
2. Combine approaches in the same manner over 2-5-1’s
3. Practice approaches in your improve at 50bpm over Autumn Leaves.
4. Use continuous eighth notes
5. Use broken improve lines however you please.
If you have questions or suggestions for a podcast lesson you would like us to do, please leave them in the comments down below.
If you enjoyed this episode…
Please share it!
All you have to do is click on one of the social media buttons at the top of this page.
Also, if you enjoy all the free jazz piano education we release on a weekly basis you can show your support by giving the podcast a 5 star rating in itunes.
Once you get to itunes simple click on the 5 stars to the left to give a rating.
We appreciate your support!