- MP3 Audio36 MB
You’d be surprised how much information gets left out about gigging.
This information could make or break your success at a gig or with the band leader.
Do you want more gigs or don’t you?!
What to Consider When Preparing for Gigs
- #1 Time- What time should you arrive? What time is downbeat? When are the breaks? What time does the gig end?
- #2 Payment – How much are you being paid?
- #3 Address – Always confirm the address of the gig.
- #4 Attire – What should you wear? Always ask if you are going to change anything.
- #5 Venue – What is the venue of the gig? Bar, club, restaurant, coffee shop?
- #6 Music – What type of music are you playing? Standards, Latin, Sinatra, reading from the Real Book?
- #7 Atmosphere – Is the gig for a celebration, background music, birthday, dinner party? Find out the mood.
- #8 Equipment – Always triple check your equipment!
- #9 – Are food and/or drinks included in the gig? 😉
If You Enjoyed This Episode...
Please share it!
All you have to do is click on one of the social media buttons at the top of this page.
Also, if you enjoy all the free jazz piano education we release on a weekly basis, you can show your support by giving the podcast a 5-star rating on iTunes.
Once you get to iTunes, simply click on the 5 stars to the left and leave your rating.
We appreciate your support!