- Bullet Points
- 1. Practice melody alone with RH as beautiful and simple as possible. Add LH second
- 2. Comping – Use all register structures from comping podcasts. Think support, simplicity, and be conscious of where the melody is. Use counter melody notes to connect voicings.
- 3. Improvisation – Practice simple, in the pocket, melodies first. B – Add LH to simple melodies with RH
- 4. Improvisation Outside Pocket – Let your RH creates phases outside the pocket. Float melodic improv over the bass and drums and your LH support.
- 5. Have conversation of RH and LH while improvising. LH should support the breaths the RH takes.
If You Enjoyed This Episode…
Please share it! All you have to do is click on one of the buttons below.
Also if you wouldn’t mind leaving a review in itunes. It only takes a second to help the show increase in the rankings!
Thank you for all your support!